- 24 of January of 2017Joint Statement by the Governments of Timor-Leste and Australia and the Conciliation Commission Constituted Pursuant to Annex V of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the SeaDelegations from both Timor-Leste and Australia participated in a series of confidential meetings with the Conciliation Commission in Singapore from 16 to 20 January 2017. These meetings are part of an ongoing, structured dialogue in the context of the conciliation between the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste and the Commonwealth of Australia being conducted pursuant to the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea and under the auspices of the Permanent Court of Arbitration.217.11 KB
- 12 of January of 2017￼￼￼Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education (EMBLI) pilot programIn October 2016, the summary of the final evaluation of the Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education (EMBLI) pilot program was delivered. Starting in 2012, this pilot program was aimed to test the interest in the use of non official national languages as instructional languages, at the beginning of Basic Education.1258.8 KB
- 09 of January of 2017Joint Statement by the Governments of Timor-Leste and Australia and the Conciliation Commission Constituted Pursuant to Annex V of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the SeaThe Government of Timor-Leste has notified Australia on January 9, 2017 of its intention to terminate the Treaty on Certain Maritime Arrangements in the Timor Sea, signed in 2006. This notification will cease in three months.297.02 KB
- 15 of November of 2016Press Conference on the provisional outcome of the 2016 local electionsAt a press conference held on November 14, the day after the second round of local elections, the National Director for Sucos Administration Support, Amandio Paulino, announced the results of the elections.
There is no translation to english of this speech, please see the portuguese version.258.13 KB
- 11 of November of 2016Opening Remarks of Chief Delegation of Timor-Leste, the Minister of Justice, Ivo ValenteOpening Remarks of Chief Delegation of Timor-Leste, the Minister of Justice, Ivo Valente, during 2nd cycle of evaluation of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) on the human rights situation in our country, on the UN Human Rights Council (HRC), in Geneva, Switzerland, on November 3rd 2016.
There is no translation to english of this speech, please see the portuguese version.366.71 KB
- 11 of November of 2016Address by His Excellency the PCM General Director, Victor MaiaSpeech of the Director General of PCM, Victor Maia, during the 11th Forum of Portuguese Language Press, where he developed the theme - The evolution of the National Graphic of Timor-Leste - on November 10, 2016 in Lisbon, Portugal.
There is no translation to english of this speech, please see the portuguese version.1495.6 KB
- 7 of Outubro of 2016National Risk Assessment of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing and National Strategic Plan For Combating Money Laundering And Terrorist Financing (2016-2020)On October 7th, the Minister of Justice, Ivo Valente, presented the public document that brings together the first exercise of National Evaluation of the Risks of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing, and the National Strategic Plan to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorism (2016-2020).1596.84 KB
- 19 of Outubro of 2016Memorandum of Understanding between Government of Timor-Leste and FONGTIL about Social AuditMemorandum of Understanding was in place with FONGTIL, signed on the 25th of May 2015 by the Prime Minister and the Executive Director of FONGTIL, Mr. Arsénio Pereira da Silva, set out the pathways for implementation of social audit in Timor-Leste within the four key sectors of Agriculture, Education, Health and Basic Infrastructure1612.97 KB
- 04 of Outubro of 2016Timor-Leste Policy Paper in Maritime BordersThe Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) issued on September 26th, a press release on behalf of the Conciliation Commission, with the decision to continue the compulsory conciliation procedure on the definition of the Timor Sea maritime borders (to see the PCA Press release, click here).
This decision was taken after a hearing held in the PCA, in The Hague (The Netherlands) in August, where Australia contested the competence of the Commission. On that very day, August 29th, in Dili, the Prime Minister, presented the Timorese official position in the “Timor-Leste Policy Paper in Maritime Borders”.
- 30 of September of 2016Opening Remarks of the Minister of State and of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, Agio PereiraOpening Remarks of the Minister of State and of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, Agio Pereira, for the Launching of “Timor-Leste’s Poverty Report 2014”, on 28 of September of 2016, at Hotel Timor.