Council of Ministers of the VI Constitutional Government
The Council of Ministers is headed by the Prime Minister, and includes, besides him, the Ministers of State and remaining Ministers:
- Minister of State and of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers;
- Minister of State, Coordinator of Social Affairs and Minister of Education;
- Minister of State, Coordinator of Economic Affairs and Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries;
- Minister of State, Coordinator of State Administration Affairs and Justice and Minister of State Administration;
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation;
- Minister of Finance;
- Minister of Justice;
- Minister of Health;
- Minister of Social Solidarity;
- Minister of Commerce, Industry and Environment;
- Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture;
- Minister of Public Works, Transport and Communications;
- Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources;
- Minister of Defence;
- Minister of the Interior;
- Minister of Planning and Strategic Investment.
Also attend the Council of Ministers, according to the structure of the Sixth Constitutional Government, without voting rights, the Secretary of State for the Council of Ministers, and, by decision from the Prime Minister, the Secretary of State for Youth and Sports, the Secretary of State for Parliamentary Affairs, and the Secretary of State for the Support and Socio-Economic Promotion of Women.
The Vice Ministers and Secretaries of State that are, eventually, requested by the Prime Minister to attend may also participate in the Council of Ministers, without voting rights, except on those occasions when they are substituting the Minister they assist.
It is the Council of Ministers’ responsibility to approve, through resolution, the rules regarding its operation and functioning, as well as those regarding coordination meetings.
It is also the Council of Ministers’ responsibility to decide on the creation of permanent or temporary committees for the analysis of legislative or political projects, or for the presentation of recommendations to the Council.
Pursuant to Decree-law No. 6/2015, of March 11, "Organizational Structure of the Sixth Constitutional Government"
- Published in the Official Gazette, No.9, Series I.